Depression and anxiety are the most common mental health struggles and can arise for a variety of reasons. You may have noticed or felt some of these emotions and physical symptoms for a long time, or they may have started after a significant life event. You may no longer feel like yourself and have difficulty enjoying life. Regardless of the reason or how long you have been struggling with depression and/or anxiety, I am here to help. I am able to provide support and teach you skills to manage these difficult emotions, so you can continue your journey to wholeness, happiness and health.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
While you may not know exactly what will help, therapy gives us the tools to address the issues you are facing now and will in the future. With support and courage, therapy can help you to find yourself and change how you want your life to be moving forward. Taking that first step to consider therapy is the start of your journey; take a moment and give yourself credit for that. I am here to help and provide support as you move forward and am privileged to be a part of your journey.